My professional experience includes helping adult men and women who are struggling with anger, depression, anxiety, shame, guilt, spirituality, addictions, or grief & loss issues. I also work with couples who wish to develop and strengthen their relationship. I am trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Solution-Focused therapy, and Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). I have extensive experience with clients who struggle with anger, but who do not know how to express their anger in a non-violent, healthy manner.
I help clients examine and understand the relationship between their thoughts and feelings. I believe clients cannot change what they do not understand. By understanding the role, function and responsibility of their thoughts and feelings, clients become empowered to make healthier decisions.
- Master of Arts, Counseling Psychology, Adler Graduate School; Bachelor of Science Undergraduate degree in Psychology, Northwestern University, St. Paul, MN
- Certified Anger Management Trainer, Anger Management Institute, Chicago, IL
- Certificate of Completion for LEVEL 1: Bridging the Couple Chasm, Gottman Approach, Gottman Institute, Inc., Seattle, WA
- Certificate of Completion for Basic Externship in EFT for couples, International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy, (ICEEFT), St. Paul, MN
- Member of American Association of Christian Counselors, (AACC)
- Member of ICEEFT
State of Minnesota Licensure
Areas of Focus
Abuse/Violence, Acute Stress, Alcoholism/Chemical Addiction/Recovery, Anger, Anxiety, Bipolar, Borderline Personality, Children of Alcoholics, Christian Counseling, Couples, Depression/Mood Disorders, Domestic Abuse, Eating Disorders, Gambling, Grief/Loss, Incarceration/Re-entry, Men's/Women's Issues, Pornography, Step Families, Suicide