I have over 16 years of combined experience as a Pastor and Therapist working with individuals, couples and families as they navigate life’s challenges. My areas of special interest include couples’ therapy, premarital counseling, grief and loss, boundaries, trauma, depression, anxiety, and faith issues. I have experience working with military couples, and I have a passion for working with individuals and families struggling with the fatigue and stress that accompanies caring for a sick or elderly loved one.
My philosophy of therapy is holistic. I believe people are made up of many parts – body, soul (mind, emotions, will), and spirit. I, therefore, approach therapy from a systems perspective. I believe people exist in complex relationship systems and when any of these relationships are out of balance, there is a need for help, forgiveness, and healing. My goal is to collaborate with clients, encourage them, and empower them to engage in authentic communication and healthy problem-solving.
- Post Master’s Degree Licensure, Adler Graduate School, Richfield, MN
- Master of Divinity, Luther Seminary, St. Paul, MN
- Served as Solo Pastor, Associate Pastor, and Interim Pastor in churches in WI and MN
- Chaplain Resident, Luther Hospital, Eau Claire, WI; Women’s Health, Telemetry, and Dialysis; ER/Trauma rotation
- Pre-Marriage and Marriage Enrichment Workshop Presenter
- Clinical Member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy; Minnesota Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Certified in Prepare and Enrich
State of Minnesota Licensure
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist #1822
Areas of Focus
Abuse/Violence, Academic Concerns, Acute Stress, Adoption, Adolescents/Teens, Anger, Anxiety, Bipolar, Children of Alcoholics, Christian Counseling, Chronic Disease/Pain/Terminal Illness, Conflict Resolution, Couples, Crisis Intervention, Depression/Mood Disorders, Domestic Abuse, Dysfunctional Families, Eating Disorders, Grief/Loss, Infertility/Abortion Recovery, Men's/Women's Issues, Military/Vets/Deployment, Pregnancy/Post-Partum Depression, PTSD/Trauma, Rape/Sexual Abuse/Prostitution, Step Families, Suicide