Biography – “I help clients examine and understand the relationship between their thoughts and feelings.”
My professional experience includes helping adult men and women who are struggling with anger, depression, anxiety, shame, guilt, spirituality, addictions, or grief & loss issues.
I also work with couples who wish to develop and strengthen their relationship. I am trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Solution-Focused therapy, and Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT).
I have extensive experience with clients who struggle with anger, but who do not know how to express their anger in a non-violent, healthy manner.
I help clients examine and understand the relationship between their thoughts and feelings.
I believe clients cannot change what they do not understand. By understanding the role, function and responsibility of their thoughts and feelings, clients become empowered to make healthier decisions.
- Master of Arts, Counseling Psychology, Adler Graduate School; Bachelor of Science Undergraduate degree in Psychology, Northwestern University, St. Paul, MN
- Certified Anger Management Trainer, Anger Management Institute, Chicago, IL
- Certificate of Completion for LEVEL 1: Bridging the Couple Chasm, Gottman Approach, Gottman Institute, Inc., Seattle, WA
- Certificate of Completion for Basic Externship in EFT for couples, International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy, (ICEEFT), St. Paul, MN
- Member of American Association of Christian Counselors, (AACC)
- Member of ICEEFT
State of Minnesota Licensure
Areas of Focus
Abuse/Violence, Acute Stress, Alcoholism/Chemical Addiction/Recovery, Anger, Anxiety, Bipolar, Borderline Personality, Children of Alcoholics, Christian Counseling, Couples, Depression/Mood Disorders, Domestic Abuse, Eating Disorders, Gambling, Grief/Loss, Incarceration/Re-entry, Men's/Women's Issues, Pornography, Step Families, Suicide