Better Quality of Life
Biography - "I strive to assist people to empower themselves and to have the courage to change the things they can."
With over 25 years of experience working in the field of mental health and chemical dependency, I enjoy working with individuals, couples, families, parents, and adolescents.
I specialize in co-occurring disorders, addiction, co-dependency, grief and loss, depression, anxiety, communication, step-families, boundaries, parenting, crisis intervention, trauma/PTSD, women’s issues, and career/work issues and transitions. I have extensive experience with families and individuals experiencing the impact of chemical dependency and with Twelve-Step living. My approach is strength-based, and I strive to assist people to empower themselves and to have the courage to change the things they can.
I co-taught the course “Second Marriage Preparation Training” as a consultant for Catholic Charities for five years. I have taken thousands of hours of continuing education courses related to a wide variety of mental health issues impacting children, adolescents, adults, individuals, couples, and families. I have also completed Dr. Peter Levine's three-year training on Somatic Experiencing for dealing with trauma and have completed all requirements to be a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP).
- Master of Science, Marriage and Family Therapy, University of Wisconsin - Stout; Undergraduate degree in Psychology and Communications, Bethel University
- Approved Supervisor for the American and Minnesota Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Approved Supervisor for the Licensed Professional Counseling Association
- Certificate of Clinical Pastoral Education, Hazelden Foundation; Special Studies in Family Ministry, Marriage & Family, and Group Dynamics, Bethel Seminary; Befriender Ministry Coordinator Training
- Clinical Fellow of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy; Minnesota Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Former President and board member of the Minnesota Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP)
State of Minnesota Licensure
LMFT Licensure #942
Areas of Focus
Abuse/Violence, Academic Concerns, Acute Stress, ADHD/Learning Disorders, Adoption, Adolescents/Teens, Alcoholism/Chemical Addiction/Recovery, Anger, Anxiety, Bipolar, Children of Alcoholics, Christian Counseling, Chronic Disease/Pain/Terminal Illness, Conflict Resolution, Couples, Crisis Intervention, Depression/Mood Disorders, Domestic Abuse, Eating Disorders, Grief/Loss, Infertility/Abortion Recovery, LGBTQ/Gender Issues, Men's/Women's Issues, Military/Vets/Deployment, Pregnancy/Post-Partum Depression, PTSD/Trauma, Step Families, Suicide