Better Quality of Life
Biography - "I believe in the importance of a client-centered, strengths-based, and solution-oriented therapy process."
I have over 12 years of experience working in the fields of chemical dependency and mental health treatment. I believe in the importance of a client-centered, strengths-based, and solution-oriented therapy process. I find therapy is most beneficial when both the client and the therapist show up as their authentic selves.
My approach is relational in nature, meaning that I see the relationship between the client and therapist as being vital to success in therapy. I specialize in chemical dependency, addicted family systems, trauma/abuse, PTSD, depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, work stressors, and life-changing transitions. I have completed levels 1 and 2 training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). I work with ages 13+, and I’m LGBT allied.
- Master of Social Work in Clinical Social Work – University of Saint Thomas/Saint Catherine’s University
- Addiction Studies Certification Program – Minneapolis Community and Technical College
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology – Augsburg University
- Approved Supervisor for the Minnesota Board of Social Work
- Approved Supervisor for the Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy, LPCC
- Certification in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Adjunct Instructor for the Hazelden Graduate School of Addiction Studies from 2013-2014; Alcohol and Drug Dependency: Families and Systems
State of Minnesota Licensure
LICSW Licensure #21849
LADC Licensure #302688
Areas of Focus
Abuse/Violence, Academic Concerns, Acute Stress, Adolescents/Teens, Alcoholism/Chemical Addiction/Recovery, Anxiety, Bipolar, Children of Alcoholics, Depression/Mood Disorders, Dysfunctional Families, Grief/Loss, LGBTQ/Gender Issues, Men's/Women's Issues, Military/Vets/Deployment, PTSD/Trauma, Rape/Sexual Abuse/Prostitution